lic. iur., M.B.L.-HSG
Martin Ospelt studied law at the University of Berne from 1982 until 1988, graduating as „Licentiatus Iuris“ (lic.iur.). Since 1991, he has been a licensed trustee in Liechtenstein and a Liechtenstein attorney at law since 1993.
From 1996 until 1997 he completed postgraduate studies at the University of St. Gallen in European and International Business Law with the title “Master of European and International Business Law” (M.B.L.-HSG). Since 1997 he has attended various job-specific seminars and further education courses, and was a lecturer at the University of Liechtenstein.
Since 1989, Martin Ospelt has specialised in Liechtenstein company and commercial law, management consultancy and succession planning. Since 2001, he has been active as a licensee and Member of the Board of Directors of several trust, auditing and asset management companies in Liechtenstein and has always held positions on the boards of numerous Liechtenstein legal entities.
From 2017 until 2020, Martin Ospelt was Managing Director and Member of the Board of Directors of a Liechtenstein company, which was responsible for the commercial application, filing and administration of trademarks.
Since 1997, he has been an „ad hoc“ Liechtenstein judge at the „EFTA“ Court of Justice in Luxembourg, having already co-decided on several decisions as a judge.
Martin Ospelt advises local and international clients primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial law and management consultancy, but also in succession planning and inheritance law. He is also active in construction law, real estate and property law, real estate transactions and intellectual property law.
- 1997: Master in European and International Business Law (M.B.L.-HSG), University of St. Gallen
- 1993: Bar exam, Liechtenstein Chamber of Lawyers
- 1991: Licence of professional trustee and fiduciary, Liechtenstein Institute of Professional Trustees and Fiduciaries
- 1988: Law studies, University of Bern, degree: “Licentiatus Iuris” (lic.iur.)
- Since 2020: Felder Sprenger + Partner AG, Schaan, Partner and Member of the Board of Directors
- Since 2020: Law Office Sprenger + Partner AG, Schaan, Partner and Board Member
- 2017 – 2020: Patra Anstalt, Vaduz, Managing Director and Member of the Board of Directors
- 2013 – 2020: Dorbat Treuhand- und Verwaltungsanstalt, Vaduz, from 2017 Managing Director
- 2013 – 2020: First Advisory Trust reg., Vaduz, from 2017 Member of the Executive Board and of the Board of Trustees
- 2013 – 2020: Prokurations-Anstalt, Vaduz, from 2017 Member of the Executive Board and of the Board of Directors
- 2013 – 2020: First Family Advisors Trust reg., Vaduz, from 2017 Member of the Executive Board / Board of Trustees
- 2013 – 2020: First Trust Management AG, from 2017 Member of the Executive Board and of the Board of Directors
- 2013 – 2020: Gasser Partner Rechtsanwälte, Vaduz, Partner
- 2007 – 2013: Advocatur Sprenger & Partner AG, Triesen, Partner and Member of the Board of Directors
- 2007 – 2013: Asseta Vermögensverwaltung AG, Triesen, Managing Director and Member of the Board of Directors
- 2004 – 2013: Certifica Aktiengesellschaft, Triesen, Managing Director and Member of the Board of Directors
- 2001 – 2013: Administral Anstalt, Triesen, Partner and Member of the Board of Directors
- 1995 – 2007: Advocatur Sprenger Kolzoff Ospelt & Partner, Vaduz / Triesen, Partner
- 1989 – 1995: Advocatur Dr.iur. Peter Sprenger, trainee lawyer
- 1989 – 2001: Administral Anstalt, legal staff member, from 1994 authorised signatory
EXPERIENCE AND INTERESTS
- Since 1997: “Ad-hoc” Liechtenstein judge at the EFTA-Court in Luxemburg
- 2006 – 2010: Lecturer at the University of Liechtenstein in the bachelor’s programme “Business Administration”, in the module “Law for Fiduciaries and Trust Practices”, and in the “Postgraduate course in Fiduciary Services”
- 1998 – 2006: President of the “Complaints Commission for Land Improvement” in Liechtenstein
- Liechtenstein Chamber of Lawyers, Member
- Liechtenstein Institute of Professional Trustees and Fiduciaris, Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Member
- Liechtenstein Academic Association Rheinmark (L.A.V. Rheinmark), Member
- German (native language)
- English (fluent)
- French (basic knowledge)